Writing a resume is scary. Writing your first resume is even scarier. Especially when it could make or break your future.
My internship professor advised me of some changes to make. Of course I promptly forgot what he said. I did remember that I’m allowed to use color, get rid of my objective and add skills. Change the important things to bold and make titles “disappear.” Somehow that doesn’t help when I sit down to do it.
I’ve now got a bad case of the “what ifs.” My professor advised me that bartending for a year is NOT a step in the right direction of my career path. Guess mixologist is not a second option.
Wouldn’t it be nice to not even need a resume and just depend on hook-ups? Oh wait—hook ups probably want to see a resume too. Plus, what’s life with out a little experience and hard work? There’s no free lunches.
No comments:
Post a Comment