Kicking off the day after a stop at the Beaver Valley Chevron—big chair!—and LB telling us to “drive ‘er easy,” it took about 10 minutes of Kyle B driving to get pulled over. It’s beyond me how the Utah State Trooper clocked us coming up behind him, but in a 75 zone we were doing 84. He was super friendly and Joey P. grabbed the license and registration, I told him it was my/my dad’s car and gave him my ID and he ran Kyle B’s ID. We got off with a warning that we have 3,000 more miles and we better keep it under control. Of all places to get pulled over… it had to be Utah.
Kyle B did some research on Utah and found that 70% of the state population is Mormon and 6% of those are polygamists. That means that when I continuously ask “You think they’re Mormon?” I’m right seven out of 10 times.
Cruising through the Rocky Mountains at 73 miles per hour on a pretty day with a blue sky streaked with white clouds is… well it’s what I pictured Utah being. You know, minus the Wu Tang Clan on the stereo.
More pictures tomorrow, so I will update this better with more pictures when I get them online, in the mean time, if you want to see pictures of Utah click the picture in this post and it will lead you to more pictures from the road.
Tomorrow's goal is Iola, Kansas and should take about 10 hours. On the road again...
No comments:
Post a Comment