Monday, February 9, 2009

Steve Wozniak will be on "Dancing with the Stars"... with or without the Segway?


This makes me smile, because, first of all, when did we start considering Steve Wozniak a "star?" Secondly, I thought this guy gets around on a Segway and completely gave up on walking-- which he could clearly use-- and now he's going to be dancing!? I first saw the announcement of contestants on my celebrity gossip blog that I shamelessly read, but even the BBC News has the story here. Wouldn't it be great if he ballroom danced on his Segway? I mean, he plays Segway polo. I guess I don't know better, but if I was an overweight guy I'd make sure to walk around and get as much exercise as possible. Is the Segway the first step of those chairs you see in Wall-E where everything is there for you and people turn into blobs because they never move?

By the way, the BBC points out that "He ceased full-time employment at the company in 1987 but is still on the payroll. " I didn't know that, but that's ridiculous unless he's actually consulting instead of rolling around on his Segway all day.

Who else is going to be on the show that I can't even watch because I don't have cable? According to x17online.com, "Denise Richards, Lil Kim, Steve-O, Jewel, Ty Murray, Go-Go Belinda Carlisle, David Alan Grier, Nancy O'Dell, NFL linebacker Lawrence Taylor, Olympian Shawn Johnson, SATC stud Gilles Marini, and singer/songwriter Chuck Wicks." Their reference to "SATC" is Sex and the City.

Another one of many reasons I'm completely okay not watching TV.

No comments: