Monday, March 21, 2011

A green dinner and it wasn't even St. Patrick's Day!

Good news, making kale chips turned out really well. They are decidedly better when fresh out of the oven and next time I will let the husband and myself devour them all when they're fresh. I saved a bag of them and tried re-crisping in the toaster oven but I promptly burned them. Here they are fresh (click the picture to link to the recipe I used):
For dinner that same night I didn't know what to make but ended up settling on something that used up a bunch of spinach and some of the bagged baby spinach I had. It was cheesy spinach pasta which is remarkably low in fat despite how it looks (click link for recipe):


I didn't have goat cheese on hand so I just used some white cheddar and more cream cheese. This could have used some lemon juice and maybe more garlic because I thought it turned out a little more bland than expected. I cooked up some chicken Italian sausage and served them together which upped the flavor a little more. Not too bad.

I have some more pictures to post because I was taking them to share but apparently my "smart" phone isn't that smart and I can't get it to post picture to the blog. My regular dumb phone does a better job but doesn't take the same quality pictures. Ohhhh woe is me. ;)

No comments: