Friday, May 25, 2007

It's not long now

Where on God's green earth has Alanna been lately that she hasn't been posting blogs? Needless to say this past week has been up and down with intense school work and equally intense drinking escapades. I'm a strong believer in work hard, play hard.

Instead of attending Bay to Breakers, the infamous San Francisco race, I was invited out Saturday night for my first "Ultra Lounge" experience. You see, at the place I work I'm constantly having to write pieces on these nightclubs that like to be called "ultra lounges." Their parties usually include some scandalous theme having to do with school girls and lingerie so my boss and I are constantly making fun of them. We’re more the sweaty rock show at a dive bar kind of people.

In any case, what better time to go to an ultra lounge—Vivid, formerly known as Studio 8, the club I commonly referred to as Motel 8—than for a friend of a friend’s birthday with a limo and VIP treatment? Being a VIP means they give you your own bottle of liquor and mixers… so I took it upon myself to be bartender, as many people know I enjoy. The night is easily summed up in pictures as follows:

Beginning, middle and end.

W/ the Birthday Girl Double fisted for your bartending pleasure Shari telling me something? It was a long night


Following that, Danny made a visit to make good on a Wing Stop gift certificate I gave him for his birthday a month ago.

Laughing
Originally uploaded by alannaface.

We got the food and went to a park across the street I eye every time I drive by. There’s a huge hill in the middle of the park that’s lined up right under the flight path into San Jose Int’l Airport. We sat and ate, drank a bottle of wine and watched planes fly in while the sun was setting. For the record, no, nothing is going on. It’s just nice to stay in touch with people who were and still are an important part of our lives.

Come Thursday I had a midterm and presentation. I’m all psyched out lately. But Thursday afternoon was also the psych department dinner which meant free wine and dinner. I got a mug from the psych dept. and had tons of fun making a bunch of classmates take advantage of the wine.


Girls
Originally uploaded by alannaface.
After the dinner several of the professors and students headed over to the dive bar that’s famously a Santa Clara staple, The Hut. Eventually my girl friend and I went back to my place and then out in downtown San Jose. We surprisingly made it to three more bars (two dive bars, one ultra lounge) where I not so surprisingly made more friends and we got in free everywhere.

That brings us to today. And it also explains why I’ve decided to stay home tonight.

I need a vacation.

No comments: