Sunday, July 15, 2007

Toothbrush on the Prowl


Toothbrush
Originally uploaded by alannaface.
What does it say about a person when their roommate's toothbrush sticking out of the medicine cabinet can only mean that it's trying to attack them? Lonely? Yeah, probably. With a schedule that is packed with work and school then trying to recuperate and finish homework Friday through Sunday, there's not much time to get out and hang out.

The good news is that the toothbrush didn't attack me.

Oh, and that in exactly one month it will be my last day of work in San Jose, California. And two weeks after that I'll be living with my best friend and another guy in Boston. Finally.

Other than that, I got canceled on twice this weekend. Pretty sweet in the way you just want to collapse in defeat. It's like the world doesn't want me to be social. First it was a friend who waited until 12:30am (as in past midnight) to tell me that he was finally done with whatever he was doing. Then it was my sister on this fine Sunday afternoon canceling on me after I agreed to make dinner for her. Each of these engagements left me with stuff I bought specifically for them and wouldn't have gotten otherwise, and now what am I going to do with four liters of diet soda, a carton of orange juice, waffles, a bottle of Kettle one, chicken, peppers, sour cream, etc.? Couldn't you people have just left sooner!!!???

For as many times as my best friend has canceled on me, at least he does so far in advance so I can make other plans.

In the end I'm just working on getting excited for Boston and planning my graduation party at my dad's house. I have the feeling it's going to be bigger than I expected and I probably should have chosen a venue besides his house.

But, that's the way the cookie crumbles.

No comments: