Before I continue on about the granite, did you know this is my 300th post!? We're also finally inching toward the 3k mark in views. If you like my blog, I encourage you to share a link.Back to the granite. The real reason you're here. Judging the granite. Without getting into too much boring detail about how they fabricate granite countertops-- which of course isn't boring to me-- they need a couple inches on either side of the actual countertop measurement for the little fancy edge we chose. What you see about is the countertop plus a little extra, however, they are telling us that we don't have enough granite to do the countertops, 4" backsplash all around and a piece behind our stove. I've been told at least five times I need to shell out another couple hundred bucks for another slab. By "I" I meant the husband and I, of course. Each time I ask if there's some way we can make it work. Today I suggested not having the piece behind the stove included and we'll go with tile instead. It's my last ditch effort to save money here.
By the way, I heard some users can't see the ads that run along the right side of the blog (and if you click on them, which is free to do, generate a little money for projects like this!). If this is the case, check the "dislike" checkbox below this post so I can look into what's happening with that. Thanks!
1 comment:
Post a Comment